Friday, March 7, 2014

Reflections #2


We are closing in on the half way mark of the semester with spring break next week. I have to say that the first half of Immunology has been quite the learning experience. Immunology is my first of many 400 level classes in college and although this class requires a lot of work, everything that Dr. V assigns are relevant and serves a purpose. I have encountered many teachers who assign work just to show that they are doing something in their class, even though the work may not be helpful (busy work). However, this is not the case with Dr. V. 
Immunology has really changed the way I observe things around me. For example, if I see a person who is sick I start diagnosing what is wrong with their immune system. All of the labs for this class are well organized and it actually fits perfectly into what we were learning in class. This is a big deal for me because I have been in quite a few labs in years past that were not organized and/or fit into what we were learning in class. The material that I learn in both lecture and lab will surely help me as I advance to more higher-level science courses and eventually my career as a medical laboratory scientist and a physician assistant. I am excited for what the second half of Immunology has in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment